Printer won't print entire document (3190 Views)
Top Student
BROB0925
Message 1 of 4 (3,190 Views)

Printer won't print entire document

trying to print a word document on L7650. The typically 160 page document prints the first 20 or so pages, then quits. I can sometimes print more pages- using the specific page numbers- but no more than 20 or so. Printing a 160 page document takes becomes an ordeal. The file is word 2003, being read by word 2007 in compatability  mode. The file name when open also shows that the file is read only. Why won't this just print through?
Intern Intern
Intern
Arv
Message 2 of 4 (3,168 Views)

Re: Printer won't print entire document

Hi there,

how big is the file you are trying to print (in Mb)? When printing a document, it is fed to the spooler in Windows, the spooler feeds it to the printer. To be able to do this, the spooler decodes the document and the size of the document is multiplied with 19. When there is not sufficient space on the harddrive, the document can get truncated.

Can you print in a different format, for instance in black/white or grayscale?

How is the product connected? Wired/wireless or through USB?

Let me know,

Arvid  

==
Arv / HP Social Media Ambassador / twitter: @HP_listens

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.
Top Student
BROB0925
Message 3 of 4 (3,158 Views)

Thanks for responding--

Files are from 1-9 MB; word documents; HD space should not be an issue-I have 250 GB free on 500 gb drive

Even if I am copying a smaller file, say 1 mb, the last 2-4 pages are not printed. I never have problems with my everyday printing of 1-5 pages of e-mails or  pages from the internet.

My printer settings for most douments are: two sided copies, Normal quality, color.

I printed one 9 mb document with grey scale and single side printing. 100 % complete.

I repeated the same file -grey scale, but two sided printing. The printer only printed 3/4 of the document, about the same as when in the 'color' setting.

Connection is from network by wired connection to router.

thanks

Student
duhlenkott
Message 4 of 4 (1,695 Views)

Especially emails with coupons.  The second half will not print, therefore the coupon is useless without the barscan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation