Question

Honor Student
ar422
Message 1 of 5 (3,900 Views)

Printhead problem

I have an HP Officejet Pro L7555, which has been quite good to me for a while.  I now get a message that I I have a Cyan/Magenta printhead problem.  I cleaned the printhead according to the troubleshooting guide, and also changed the cartridge.  I still get the same message and the printer will not print.  The next step in the guide is to replace the printhead.  They cost $60 and there's no way of knowing if that will solve the problem.  The old printhead was perfectly clean and intact.

Any suggestions.

Arthur

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 5 (3,919 Views)

Re: Printhead problem

Call the tech support on the phone number provided on the printer...If you are calling from US or CANADA, call 1-(800)-474-6836...
Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Honor Student
ar422
Message 3 of 5 (3,872 Views)

Thanks. That number got me to the right person, HP did not distinguish themselves.  Almost the first thing the tech said was that my printer was out of warranty.  What he neglected to say was that the printhead has a longer warranty than the printer, and it was still covered.  Before the tech offered to send the new printhead, he had me attempt two or three procdures that are NOT mentioned on the troubleshooting page for this problem.

Then, before he took shipping information, he tried to sell be a new printer.  Only after I refused that did he offer to send the new printhead at no charge.

Pretty sleezy... hopefully, the new printhead will solve the problem.

AR

Honor Student
swarga
Message 4 of 5 (3,366 Views)

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7590.

For the last week I have to clean my print head every time the printer goes for 3 or more hours with out printing anything.

I called Tech support today, first I am told the unit is out of warranty and then I explained the issue and they told me it was a hardware issue. They guy was real nice and offered to make me a great deal on a new printer. They offered two different units. The deals they offered were $30 more than I can buy the same exact printer from Staples or Office Max.

I told the guy I thought he was going to offer me a deal and he said he is. He could not understand why I would not wait for a new unit then ship my unit back to him for a $50 rebate. I told him I can buy either one of the printers he offered for $30 less, have it in 15 minutes, and still get the $50 rebate with out having to ship the old one back.

Then he offered me a service plan. $30  for one service call. I told him I was not going to pay someone $30 to tell me to go buy a $72 print head, especially when the guy just tried to sell me a printer for more than what Staples & Office Max sell them for. If a $30 service plan would fix my issue then why was he trying to sell me a $300 printer?

I have owned 3 all in ones, and 6 desk jets over the last 10 years, I have had issues with printers in the past and called tech support. I had helpful people with solutions and if my warranty was expired the tech would tell me, I am 99% sure we can solve your issue but you need to get the new service plan. I got the plan and the solution worked. I was a happy customer.

That was not the case today.

Today "Tom" my, English as a second language, HP Customer service rep, tried to sell me something, Offered no solutions and then asked what my budget was for a new printer. They guy just tried to screw me on two other printers, why would I buy anything from him.

I am so fed up with companies trying to screw their clients instead of providing customer service.

HP needs to do business like they talk. My software is called the "HP Solution Center". They didn't offer solutions for my problem. They just tried to eliminate the middle man and charge me more money for it.

I guess I am going to be in the market for a different printer manufacture.

Student
melski
Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)

I had the same problem.  The tech basically told me to buy a new printer.  I can guarantee you it will not be an HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation