Question
Printing Half-Fold Greeting Card Envelopes - Paper Sizes
Replies (29)

Honor Student
tomnancy
Message 11 of 30 (7,200 Views)

Re: Printing Half-Fold Greeting Card Envelopes - Paper Sizes

I am trying to print a half fold envelope.  I put in the custom size of  8.75 by5.68, but it doesn't work. I am using Greeting Card Factry program

Honor Student
RedNightBird
Message 12 of 30 (7,181 Views)

HELP PLEASE!!!

I bought blank greeting cards with envelopes. the flat card stock is 6.5 inches wide by 10 inches (To finish with a 6.5 x 5 greeting card)

I cannot get windows 7/Microsoft office word 2007 to show me a custom size sheet with these measurements (It keeps showing me leter size) and the printer the HP Photosmart B210 says it can't print 6.5 x 10.

What am I doing wrong?????

Student
mlcastle
Message 13 of 30 (7,015 Views)

Sorry to see I am not the only one with this PROBLEM. On my old printer 2355, I could just tell it to print. My new printer Officejet 6500 E709 just will not let me print half fold envelopes. I really like to print my own cards and envelopes and this is really a PROBLEM. I agree, HP send us a fix and get on with the program. 

Student
bensonia
Message 14 of 30 (6,928 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just bought a D110 Photoswmart Printer from HP,  and I just spent 2 hours on the phone with an HP techsupport and he tried his best to help me print a half size card envelope, AND NOTHING WOLRKS.  He could have saved time if he had  let us know it is IMPOSSIBLE. I was feeling it was my fault, now I know, HP doesn't have a Prilnter that can do it.  Can anyone tell me is there is another printer or program that prints custom sized ENVELOPES?

Top Student
djsreed
Message 15 of 30 (6,913 Views)

i had an old Hp 940c that I had no problem printing card envelopes and before that an old Epson with no trouble, it was easy.  Now this new one (HP Officejet 4500)  which the salesman sold me with my new Hp computer won't print them.  So  frustrating!!!!  Come on HP get a patch for these printer drivers so we can print card envelopes!!!!!

Honor Student
wacookie
Message 16 of 30 (6,582 Views)

I tried this on my computer but could not get it to work.

I have Windows 7, Office 2010, and my printer is HP Photosmart Premium 309g-m.  My drivers are all up to date.

I tried going to Control Panel, clicking printers, and there is no Run as Administrator, but there "Device Manager".  Server Properties does not come up by clicking Device Manager.   I am not a total "dummy", but by no means computer savvy.  Can someone please help me with my problem.

Tks

Student
Vick541
Message 17 of 30 (6,520 Views)

I also have a HP Officejet 6500A and have the same problem.  After 2 hrs with tech support and about half hour with HP Main office, this printer is NOT set up to print a Half-Fold Greeting Card Envelopes. I was informed be the main office that I should done more research before I purchases this printer.  I was informed that only the Photosmart printers would print this envelope.  They did take a complaint report and are suppose to send it forward. 

In the mean time I have a work around that works for me.  I select the Flap up and Right side feed and  slip a sheet of paper under the flap and feed it into the printer.  Make sure you are printing in the landscape mode.  It fools the printer in thinking it is printing on a full sheet of paper.  So far I have been able to print any envelope I want to.  Good Luck!!!

Honor Student
jeanaz1
Message 18 of 30 (6,281 Views)

Oh, how clever of you!! Why didn't I think of that fix? I'm going to try it today on my Photosmart C6180 and hope it works. I too have been round and round with HP about printing greeting card envelopes and was finally told it can't be done. I then researched other printers. We just got off the phone with Epson and they said "there is no guarantee it will print greeting card envelopes." What is the matter with these people? It can't be that hard to put that size option in the print menu. I am thoroughly disgusted with all of them for making us all waste countless hours looking for a fix. Thank you all for printing your thoughts and solutions.
Honor Student
svay
Message 19 of 30 (5,873 Views)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Honor Student
Minky16
Message 20 of 30 (5,828 Views)

I have 2 printers that print half-fold greeting card envelopes.     One is a Dell 942 and the other I just got is an HP all-in-one C410.  Both will work (85% of the time) without making any paper size adjustments in the printer set-up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation