Printing mirror image for Iron-on Transfer (4358 Views)
Honor Student
gmariam
Message 1 of 6 (4,358 Views)

Printing mirror image for Iron-on Transfer

Hi, I have a Photosmart 7510 printer and am trying to print the mirror image of a word document for an Iron-on transfer.  How do I do this?  I don't see any option to print the mirror image like I did on my last HP printer.  I am running on Vista 64-bit.

Thanks!

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 6 (4,353 Views)

Re: Printing mirror image for Iron-on Transfer

Hi - Try following the recommendation in this post.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/How-can-I-do-a-T-Shirt-transfer-on-a-HP-Photos...

Ultimately, you'll need to use an app that has the mirror image option or a rotate option.  In Vista, you should be able to go into Paint (in Accessories) and choose rotate to get a mirror image.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
gmariam
Message 3 of 6 (4,351 Views)

FYI-

Just got off the phone with HP support and was told "This print does not have the feature."  WHAT !??!!?!?!?  Every other printer i've owned has had that "Feature".  It's a matter of programming.  Had I known in the days I spent debating if I should get another HP or to switch to another brand , I would have switched!!!  Considering my wireless went out in my last HP printer c3910( in just over a year and out of warranty, mind you)  and my scanner going bad in the one before that.  Lesson learned.  I'm done with HP.

Honor Student
gmariam
Message 4 of 6 (4,350 Views)

Oh, and I plan letting every forum and review site I can find, know how I feel.

Thanks HP :-(

Student
MAHONEYAK
Message 5 of 6 (4,302 Views)

Go to File > Print > Copies & Pages > Layout > Click "Flip Horizontally"

I print t-shirts from home and have found this to work when I print from Word or Power Point.  I use a Mac.  Not sure if the sequence would be any different on a PC.  Hope that helps.

Student
jhicks1020
Message 6 of 6 (3,781 Views)

For 7510 printer, select  ARRANGE, rotate or flip, choose flip horizontal, and the picture will be reversed.  To rotate text, you'll need to insert text into a text box, then Right Click, and choose "save as picture" to your desktop, and then copy and paste into the document.  Then select ARRANGE again, and follow the same steps as you did for a picture.  It will flip the text into mirror image.  You cannot edit once you have saved to a picture, but you can back through the steps again, hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation