Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have failed to determine the best weight of paper for my printer. I want to print on watercolor paper 300grams in weight or less hence if this is capable of being done?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I realize that your post is older, but this may help others with similar issues and questions.

HP printers can use a variety of weights and types of paper. Refer to your user manual for helpful tips, but the easy answer is that that you should always use the highest quality paper available. Also, denser paper will give you a better result. I am concerned that watercolor paper is too porous to give you good prints and loose fibers might easily separate from the sheet and build up inside the printer—this can lead to paper jams.

Here is a short video that discusses picking and using the correct paper in your printer. Although it doesn't address watercolor paper, or your specific pritner model, it has some good general information.

Be sure to check out all the helpful videos at: hp.com/supportvideos and on our YouTube channel: youtube.com/hpprintersupport

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Having the WORST time trying to do this watercolor paper for my hp officejet 4630 series all-in-one..

Same issue.. i think the answer is probably no, because it says on amazon under printer settings for this paper to "check first before purchasing"...  I really want to print my own watercolor coloring sheets thou pretty bad because i have some really cool stuff to print. Not to mention some really vibrant watercolor pencils. mixed media watercolor is where its at. wish i could draw, but photocopying allows for much better results for the drawing-challenged.

HP Recommended

Having the WORST time trying to do this watercolor paper for my hp officejet 4630 series all-in-one..

Same issue.. i think the answer is probably no, because it says on amazon under printer settings for this paper to "check first before purchasing"...  I really want to print my own watercolor coloring sheets thou pretty bad because i have some really cool stuff to print. Not to mention some really vibrant watercolor pencils. mixed media watercolor is where its at. wish i could draw, but photocopying allows for much better results for the drawing-challenged.

HP Recommended

this does not answer or resolve anything regarding our question. if the answer is "no," then it is completely alright to just tell us so.

HP Recommended

this may or may not be helpful, but.... the closest video or instructions similiar refer to using "cardstock" setting.

i am leaving you this video link to see if it could work for your printer.  i don't think it will for mine, but you never know, is worth a gander. wish i could be more helpful. sorry..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsXdI3FwHdc

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.