Question

Student
PheeV
Message 1 of 5 (2,551 Views)

Printing stopped after changing ink cartridge

I loaded a new black print cartridge into my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n.  Since then I cannot print anything, I just get an error in the print queue.  I have turned off and on the printer and my computer, to no avail.  Please help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (2,541 Views)

Re: Printing stopped after changing ink cartridge

Are there any error messages on the front panel?  Are you able to make a copy?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
rocket300
Message 3 of 5 (2,502 Views)

I have the same problem.  My officejet pro L7780 prompted me to replace my black ink cartridge.  After replacing the cartridge, the printer has a message "The empty ink cartridge(s) must be replaced to resume" and won't print.  I tried turning off the printer and turning it back on, but it doesnt help.

Tutor
TabTreeJunkie
Message 4 of 5 (1,935 Views)

The printer may not work proper without the color cartridges. Many people have had trouble printing in black, and here is the solution to that problem:

I also have the OfficeJet 6500 and had the same problem. The black text was printing using a mix of colored inks instead of the black ink, resulting in a grey, fuzzy text. I finally found a solution. In each application under Page Setup, there is an option called "Format for". Mine had been set to "Any Printer". I changed that to "Officejet 6500 E709n [830E4A]" and now it prints the black just fine. I have a Mac running 10.4.11. Hope this helps.

Student
Sonatina
Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)

I replaced the ink cartridges as supplied with the printer, and now the printing is patchy. Any ideas?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation