12-10-2011 04:17 PM - edited 12-10-2011 04:37 PM
I have a deskjet F2210 and am having problems with it, of course it's out of warranty and I've tried just about everything. All of the lights on top are on solid. I cannot turn off my printer and when I try to run the diagnostic, it says that the printer is not connected. I don't know how to make sure it's connected, when I go to printers and faxes, it says that it's online and ready. Any help would be very much appreciated.
12-10-2011 05:16 PM
I would suggest you disconnect the USB cable to the printer, then remove the power cord from the printer and wait 30 seconds or so. Now plug the power cord back in, then reconnect the USB cable.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
03-04-2012 02:06 PM
To get the printer lights off, hold down the Power, Cancel and Black&White buttons at the same time. All power should go off in about 3 seconds. You can then turn the printer back on. It will make reinstall the drivers. Also check 'Start' > Printers to make sure it's still there and showing 'Ready'. If not, delete and re-add the printer.
This has happened to me twice after power outages. Good luck.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper