Problem with HP Photosmart C4795 Printer (1004 Views)
Student
flamesabers
Message 1 of 3 (1,004 Views)

Problem with HP Photosmart C4795 Printer

[ Edited ]

I'm having difficulties with getting my C4795 to print.  The feed rollers are operating more than usual.  Whenever I turn the printer on it feeds the paper without any job being initiated.  When I try to start a print job oftentimes the printer will feed the paper either halfway or completely without printing at all.  The only one I've been print at all is to individually feed a single paper at the right moment when the feed rollers are operating.

My HP software is up-to-date and I've no new Windows updates.  I've unstalled and reinstalled my HP printer software.  I've ran the HP diagnostic printer utility and it reported no problems.  I have this problem no matter whether I connect to the printer via USB cable or wireless.  

Does anyone have suggestions or solutions for fixing to this problem?

Teacher
Lions2011
Message 2 of 3 (949 Views)

Re: Problem with HP Photosmart C4795 Printer

Here is a link with some troubleshooting steps that may help to solve the issue you are having with your printer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02065582&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3940574&tmp...

Paper feed problems are a hardware issue, if none of these steps help I would recommend contacting HP for upgrade options. I have included a link with directions for contacting HP:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

I am an HP employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
bobwilgo
Message 3 of 3 (266 Views)

Re: Problem with HP Photosmart C4795 Printer

My printer chops off the text on the right side of printed page. It WILL print the text on right side when size of print is too small to read.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation