Question

Honor Student
malintzin86
Message 1 of 5 (1,103 Views)

Problem with HP1210 - Will not grab paper

We've had this printer for a while now, and for some reason it has stopped "grabbing" the paper. The printer thinks there's no paper when there is. No paper jam, just can't grab the paper. Cleaned the rollers by opening the back, tried everything suggested on the website, but it does not want to print/copy. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I like this printer and hope that I don't have to buy a new one. HELP!

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 5 (1,092 Views)

Re: Problem with HP1210 - Will not grab paper

Hi - You may have already tried these steps, but in case you haven't, go ahead and take a look at this support video on YouTube, which provides all of the steps to follow if the printers isn't picking paper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--oriQhVPhI

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
malintzin86
Message 3 of 5 (1,086 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I had tried most of the things in the video already, with no results. Nevertheless, I tried everything again and still nothing. I don't understand why the rollers might have stopped working! Is the video correct, do I have to service my printer or even get a new one? What else could be going wrong?

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 4 of 5 (1,081 Views)

Hi - The only other thing I can think of, if you haven't already done it, is to isolate the printer by disconnecting the USB cable from the back of the printer and try printing a test page:

• From the front panel, press and hold Cancel , and then press Color Start .
  • Release both buttons.

If it works fine running a standalone test page, it might be a communication problem between the PC and printer in which case you would probably want to start by replacing the cable.  If it fails on the standalone test page, you can try a different type of paper.  If that doesn't work, unfortunately, it probably means service or getting another printer.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
malintzin86
Message 5 of 5 (1,074 Views)

Thank you. Unfortunately that didn't work either, but at least now I know I can't fix it. :smileysad: 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation