Question

Student
SCFFD_81
Message 1 of 4 (4,679 Views)

Problem with Ink Cartridge

I have an HP Deskjet F-4140 All-In-One printer. Recently, after trying to print a document, I received the following error message:  

Print Cartridge(s) Problem
The following print cartridges has a problem:
$CartridgeName1$
Tri-color

Refer to printer documentation.

I tried all the steps suggested in the "Help" menu: reinstalling, cleaning, and even purchasing a new Tri-Color ink cartridge, all without success. I have the correct cartridge for this printer; the good old fashioned "shut down and reboot everything" last-ditch attempt didn't work either. Any suggestions as to what I should do next? Thanks.

Intern
Julius_Arcipe
Message 2 of 4 (4,660 Views)

Re: Problem with Ink Cartridge

Hi SCFFD_81,

If you have done everything, try replacing the cartridge, however, if and only if the replacement cartridge will still won't work. It must be a hardware issue.

Regards,

Julius Arcipe

Student
A_Bushell
Message 3 of 4 (4,510 Views)

I regret to report that I've now got the exact same problem with my Photosmart C5280 All-In-One:

"Print Cartridge(s) Problem

The following print cartridge has a problem:

HP 350XL Tri-color

Refer to printer documentation."

I had printed something off just yesterday as normal without any trouble at all, so why I'm suddenly getting this message now is beyond me! What also confuses me is that the message says it's the tri-colour cartridge that's the problem, but 350XL is the code for the black cartridge.

Julius Arcipe: what exactly are you thinking of when you consider it to be a "hardware issue"? I'm really looking to get this problem sorted as there are several documents that need to be printed out around this time and this problem has really come at the wrong time!

Student
CristiToma
Message 4 of 4 (1,376 Views)

Exact the same problem with my HP Deskjet F-380. Any help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation