Question

Honor Student
HirenMehta
Message 1 of 5 (23,035 Views)

Promotions and offers in HP India

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I am based in India and own a HP LaserJet 1010 printer.

I had received an e.-mail from crm-ccm.ap-ipg@newsgram.hp.com about a promotional offer to win a printer/scanner(to be more specific it seems like an HP Photosmart printer) upon registering HP products that you own(i..e,Register and win).I cannot reproduce it's contents here although would be glad to forward it to someone responsible provided I am assured of the recepient's authenticity.

In the message it was stated that

`With each HP product you register, you earn an additional chance to win. Plus, tell your friends about your HP product to earn an extra chance.`.

I have already registered my printer in my HP Passport account profile.I have no other HP Products.The question is I have no clue about HOW to tell friends about my HP product to get an extra chance.The mail does not make that clear in any way,neither could I find any link giving more information about the same in the HP India product registration webpages.It does make mention of the `Register and win` offer though.Let me make it clear that THIS is the only clarification I need and the core of my message.I need no other help,thank you.

I am terribly frustrated at the lack of concern regarding promotions and offers in HP India.As I could not find a single method of contact on the HP India website where I can ask or get help from HP India about offers and promotions,I lodged a technical support incident instead(via e.-mail,as my printer is not supported for online instant chat support),which I know is not related to my subject of concern.I know this is not the proper department,in fact this is not related to my specific printer alone,this is a pretty general clarification which I want to seek.Nothing technical.

After a couple of days I received an obvious reply from the technical support team about the incident,asking me to call a couple of numbers meant for registrations and offers.I called both the given numbers.However,in both the cases(i.e. a toll-free helpline as well as a local chargable number),in the IVRS(interactive voice response system) menu when I select option 4 for enquiries on offers and promotions,it asks me to call another number 011-41306700(i.e,+91 11 41306700 from outside India) or alternatively e.-mail hpredemptions@solutions-intg.com for offers and promotions not related to the Presario series of products.IT MAKES NO MENTION of universal promotions like `Register and win` applicable to all products.However,since I only have an HP printer and not a desktop/laptop,it makes sense to believe this latter option would apply to me,the earlier one being another number and another e.-mail address to be used for Presario-related offers and promotions.

Since yesterday I am constantly making long-distance calls from my phone to the above-mentioned number.No human answers the phone.This is costing me way too much to have any intention of buying any more HP products.It leaves me with little doubt why they have kept a single local chargable telephone number(which becomes a long distance chargeable call from other cities) for countrywide enquiries on offers and promotions instead of a national toll-free number such as the one for technical support.

What's worse is that the call automatically gets disconnected with a `thank you for calling` message without my doing anything,that too just within 55 seconds of making the call(I have noted this time limit of disconnection very well.I guess that's consistency in disconnecting.OH well.).Before that,they either ask to stay on hold and wait for the executive to become free (which has never happened so far in the innumerable calls I have made) or to leave a message with your name,phone number and redemption code.

I do not have any such redemption code because all I want is clarification regarding instructions mentioned in the original e.-mail I have refered to above,in order to avail of the offer benefits.I can wait for as long as you like in order for the executives to become free,but why disconnect automatically within a minute?It occurs intentionally,as before disconnecting,without my doing anything,the IVRS says `Thank you for calling` before terminating the call from their side.

The same e.-mail message has already been forwarded to hpredemptions@solutions-intg.com yesterday itself.More than 30 hours have passed as of now.Leave aside a reply,I have not even received an automated reply which can confirm receipt of my message.Note that I have also received no error/failure message which would indicate that my message has confirmed to be not reaching them.

FInally,I left a message at the HP redemption cell (+91 11-41306700 as mentioned above) making mention of my name and contact number and intention of calling.At present,more than 8 hours have passed,no call backs so far.In fact their working hours too have ended for the day.

It is mentioned in the HP India website at various places that the above number has 14 lines connected to it.I find no reason to believe that a promotions' department has no time to call back using any of the above 14 lines even if it cannot answer incoming calls at certain peak times.I cannot keep making long-distance calls like this,every time being disconnected (and charged as well) without any resolution.HP India definitely does not seem to be running enough offers and promotions to keep all of the 14 lines busy round the clock.

In short,over the phone,it seems there have been set timers to automatically disconnect the call

AND

over e.-mail it seems that replies arrive slower than snail mail,(IF AT ALL the message is replied to,that is).I got to know this by browsing a few other threads in the support forums about HP India's redemption cell.There are threads about customers calling the number mentioned and not being answered to by a human inspite of numerous attempts,there are threads about customers receiving extremely delayed responses to their e.-mails as well as threads about customers receiving NO reply to their e.-mails.

I have even shared this feedback of mine with the supervisor of the executive who responded to my tech. support incident.His e.-mail address was given in the response.But several hours (of course with no reply) have passed to that too.

Please answer my one single doubt: How do I tell friends about my HP Product having been registered?

Of course I can always talk to them outside HP's communities,in the real world,face-to-face,over the phone,text message,etc.....but then how does that give me any EXTRA chance to win? How do you track how a particular customer like me tells his/her friends about HP's products? I find no explanation.

Completely disappointed,
Hiren Mehta.

Honor Student
HirenMehta
Message 2 of 5 (22,965 Views)

Re: Promotions and offers in HP India

HirenMehta wrote:

However,since I only have an HP printer and not a desktop/laptop,it makes sense to believe this latter option would apply to me,the earlier one being another number and another e.-mail address to be used for Presario-related offers and promotions.

As of yet,my issue stands unresolved.I have still not received ANY reply either from the redemptions cell OR from the reply-to address of the original newsletter mail(which isn't an unmonitored e.-mail alias to the best of my knowledge)

I even sent reminders about my messages to both of these addresses a few days ago.No reply yet as well as no confirmation of even the message having reached.No errors/failure messages either.

I am still unclear of whom to approach next..........a reply from the supervisor of the tech. support representative who handled my support incident says that this should be handled by the redemptions cell,whereas ..........the fact is in my case I DO NOT HAVE TO REDEEM ANYTHING! I just need explanation about an offer,that's all.But he strongly insisted that he can assist no further in this matter.

As far as the quoted part mentioned above is concerned,I tried calling the other number too since the offer applies to all products and therefore those handling Presario-related offers and promotions must also be knowing of it.

THAT NUMBER TOO IS A CHARGABLE LOCAL NUMBER, AS WELL AS A LONG DISTANCE CALL FROM MAJORITY OF INDIA.There are NO alternative numbers to it and guess what I found when calling the number....................IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :manmad:

Why does HP India's support ask us to call a number that is imaginary? Now since a majority of users do not belong to the area in which the telephone number lies,I have no means to contact the telephone exchange of that area and find out the new/changed number.No,there is no such option in their online telephone directory either.

AS FAR AS THEIR E.-MAIL ADDRESS IS CONCERNED,any guesses?

E.-MAILS IMMEDIATELY BOUNCE BACK WITH THE FOLLOWING FAILURE MESSAGE: 

`550: MAILBOX QUOTA EXCEEDED`

:manmad:

Frankly tell me are there any people HP India has assigned to monitor this e.-mail address of this third-party organisation?

LATEST UPDATE:

Yesterday I went to the website domain mentioned in this e.-mail address (the one whose mailbox is full), to find out if there is another e.-mail address to be used.I accordingly used their `Contact us` form to submit a ticket.Today I got a reply,stating that

THIS OFFER IS NOT HANDLED BY US!

:manmad:

And they dare to say so even after HP India's customer care number asks us to contact them for Presario-related offers and promotions.PLEASE NOTE THAT THE `REGISTER AND WIN` OFFER IS NOT PRODUCT-SPECIFIC AT ALL!

After all,who would be more eager to win a printer/scanner as a prize? Someone who just bought a Presario-series desktop/laptop only or someone who already has a printer like me? But no,they raise their hands and ask me to revert back to the earlier number and e.-mail address (the one mentioned in the first post,who has set timers to auto-disconnect calls with no human responding OR has executives always busy

and

does not confirm receipt of/reply to my e.-mail messages/reminders)

WILL HP INDIA PLEASE CLARIFY WHY IS THEIR OWN CUSTOMER CARE'S IVRS ASKING US TO CALL IMAGINARY NUMBERS? WHY IS IT ASKING US TO MAIL E.-MAIL ADDRESSES WHICH ARE FULL? WHY IS IT POINTING TO WEBSITES OF COMPANIES WHICH DO NOT HANDLE OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS?

81 Student
Student
Message 3 of 5 (21,246 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello sir,

My name is chitra Soni .I have bought a HP G42 14 inch laptop on 3-11-2010 from KOHLI BROS, B-27,Prehald market,D.B Gupta Road,Karol Bagh,New Delhi-110005. They promised me to give a gift with that. They gave me this web address to login and  told me to write my application on this site.

Now i think this is your responsibility to give me my gift which i deserve.  I shall be thankful to you.

I hope you will not let me down and take care of your customers.

[text removed for privacy]

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (21,230 Views)

81 wrote:

Hello sir,

My name is chitra Soni .I have bought a HP G42 14 inch laptop on 3-11-2010 from KOHLI BROS, B-27,Prehald market,D.B Gupta Road,Karol Bagh,New Delhi-110005. They promised me to give a gift with that. They gave me this web address to login and  told me to write my application on this site.

Now i think this is your responsibility to give me my gift which i deserve.  I shall be thankful to you.

I hope you will not let me down and take care of your customers.

If  you were promised a gift by Kohli Bros I think you will need to contact them.  This forum is a user to user support forum, it is not a link to HP support.  To contact HP support you can click here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Retired
SedonaF
Message 5 of 5 (13,865 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation