Remanufactured ink cartiridges (3228 Views)
Honor Student
TheresaAnn
Message 1 of 5 (3,228 Views)

Remanufactured ink cartiridges

I have installed a black remanufactured ink cartridge in my HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One.  It will not print the black ink.  I do not know how to override this obstacle.  Can someone please help me?  I am at my wits end.  My great appreciation to  anyone who can assist me.  Cann someone reply ASAP???

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 5 (3,180 Views)

Re: Remanufactured ink cartiridges

Hi TheresaAnn

There are a couple of things you could try, like cleaning the printhead and making sure the cartridges are vented

more details here

Hope this helps

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
TheresaAnn
Message 3 of 5 (3,144 Views)

Dear Ciara:

thank you for your reply.  I have not visited this site in a few days.  I had to go out and buy an HP black cartridge for my Photosmart 6380 all-in-one.

the trouble I was having with the previous black cartridge was that it was remanufactured, and it was NOT an HP cartridge.  Do you know of a way to override the obstacle that will allow me to print black ink without having an original HP cartridge in the printer???  I ordered several of them and would hate to waste them.

Many, many thanks.

Theresa Ann

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (3,127 Views)

The printer does not require an HP cartridge, but it does require a cartridge that properly passes the electrical tests.  Refill/reman cartrdiges are often exposed to rough handling at some point in the journey from the original user, back to a store and then off to a reman center.  The quality of reman cartridges varies greatly, as described in a study here by Quality Logic.   HP provides a warranty for their original cartridges.  I would suggest you check with your supplier of reman cartridges to see if they stand behind their products.

(As a aside, I once donated an all-in-one printer to the local high school.  Some time later the teacher mentioned that he was having a problem with the printer.  I went in to check it out and found they were using a reman cartridge that was missing one color.  We tried a second cartridge with similar poor results, and finally a third cartridge that was OK.  I asked why they used reman cartridges and he said they were cheaper.  I asked if they were 3x cheaper....)

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (3,119 Views)

Hi TheresaAnn

You're very welcome :smileyhappy:

As you'll see in Bob's message, the printer will need a cartridge that passes the electrical tests. Check out the link to the Quality Logic report for more info on the print quality & reliability of original vs non-HP.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation