Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.  I hope someone who can help me to find the replacement for the Flap from the output tray for HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a printer.   I just found out that my warranty just expired on June 22, 2014 without informing me that is expired (I was very dissappoint) and will buy extended warranty after I find the replacement.  My flap from the output extentsion tray broke it off and now I cannot use the extention tray.  I wonder if there is a replacement for it.  I just bought this printer two years ago.  Can anybody please help me to find the replacement?  Is there?  Thank you.   

Susan Grayson

IMG_3717 60.jpg

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Sorry to hear about the tray breaking on the Officejet 8600. I think I have found you a means of replacing it.

Go to the HP Part Store. (If out side of the US, click the flag in the top right corner to adjust location). Search for this part number: CM749-60036.

I hope this answers your question.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Jerends,

I have the same issue with a printer in my office, and I ordered this part for my company based on your advice. The part is incorrect. This is the FEED tray that send paper through the printing mechanism, not the OUTPUT tray that includes the broken flap.

Please ensure you are 100% correct so that those who come across this forum are not given bad advice, leading to wasted time / money.

HP Recommended

Hi, we also ordered the CM749-60036 as you suggested for the output tray flap which broke off with Susan Grayson's printer. But we received the lower paper tray (INPUT TRAY), as did Dark_Omen1110.

Please advise the correct part number.

Can we send back the wrong part we received?

Thank you very much,

Johny Stuer

[edited personal information by moderator]

Belgium

HP Recommended

Hi @Dark_Omen1110 , @kryotech ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi.  What's about me?  I am still looking for flap thing for extanded legal paper.  Can anybody help me to find replacement Flap thing (pictures at the bottom)?  I still looking for it.  Please...  Thank you...

original.jpg

HP Recommended

Well, Im having the same problem, but I live in Mexico City. So we all agree  the part number you supplied IS INCORRECT (CM749-60036) THATS THE MAIN PAPER TRAY. What we all are looking for is the EXPANDABLE TRAY THAT HOLDS THE PRINTED SHEETS, because its very hard to take it out for full legal size to lay on it, and the plastic hinges that move the lever on Susan Grayson picture are EXTREMELY delicate, so yes, they broke. I have one just like Susan and the other officejet 8600 owners do. So, maybe is the OUTPUT TRAY, because as I see it, that expandable tray is part of a whole upper piece that creates the idea of a sheet drawder, along with the flap, which all of us have laying down somewhere waiting to be replaced. 

The flap itself has a MODEL NUMBER ON IT: CM750-40054.

The question is: Does that model number is just for the flap or is it for the whole output tray?

This output tray is visibly NOT USER REPLACEABLE, BUT ANYWAY it would be good to know how much it costs.

thanks in advice.

That thing in the picture placed with tape and marked inside the red lines in my second picture, is the fragile hinge which makes the flap move and breaks after trying to get the full expandable tray out, which is very tight. Thats what makes us having to look for a replacement part.flap and broken hingeactual flap and broken hinge 2

HP Recommended

I just found in google a picture of the tray we all want to replace, or maybe just the expandable part of it, from this AIO model.THIS IS THE WHOLE PIECE.jpg

this is the description given by the person who shot this picture:

This is the Printer Output Paper Tray
part number CM750-40101

for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
which is Product number CM750A
and Model number N911g

This tray is made up of 4 components with part numbers CM750-40101, CM749-40024, CM749-40025 and CM750-40054.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171363699714?rmvSB=true

Im not going for buying a used part, so I would like HP instead to tell me if this is a spare part we can buy, if it only is replaced by taking the AIO printer to HP service or HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPAIR IT. Is it that hard to understand, thats what we all want?

HP Recommended

I just called HP parts and was also given the wrong? partnumber for the output tray: cm749-60036 ($25) HP parts person on phone was of no help.   Since the printer tray sticks out next to a chair it obviously is prone to being damaged.  This forum thread makes me not interested in ordering the part.  Can anyone clarify the situation?

HP Recommended

The parts available, in the USA, are here: Part search results. Items available will be selectable. No where do I see any other part than the cm749-60036. You will need to look on sites like Amazon and eBay.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.