Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for a used unit (for parts)  locally. Thank you for confirming that the part is unavailable from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi

We have the same problem as everyone in this discussion - the flap on the paper output tray of our Officejet Pro 8600 has broken. It is a very poor design, never strong enough to support continued use, particularly as - a) it is very tight fitting and does not slide in and out smoothly;  and  b)  every time you need to refresh the paper supply in the paper tray, or access the paper tray for whatever reason, you have to slide this part in and out.

One correspondent seems to have identified the correct part number (you're sacked Jerends!), but another raises a key point - can end-users replace the part themselves ?

Regards

HP Recommended

It's too bad, but HP runs this part of their business with little knowledge, and little interest in figuring out the problems of customers.  Another case where it's much better to search the internet in general, than to go to the manufacturer who is supposed to be knowledgeable about their own product, and care about their customers.

HP Recommended

Go to www.partshere.com, they have any hp part that you need.  I just ordered the extender tray, which is what they call it the part# is: CM749A.  Hope this helps.

Siscat

HP Recommended

This is NOT what I am looking for.  Please remove your comment from my forum because it is NOT related to my issue.  

HP Recommended

I know this has been a while but I got my replacement, the entire output tray, from Tone2Print.com. 

HP Recommended

@JERENDS wrote:

The parts available, in the USA, are here: Part search results. Items available will be selectable. No where do I see any other part than the cm749-60036. You will need to look on sites like Amazon and eBay.

I have owned  two HP 8600 models and have twice damaged the part shown in the first post. It is really prone to easy damage and there is no replacement part, at least based on my personal web searches. 

HP Recommended

How hard was it to replace the tray?  I know there are two holes in the back of the tray that you are supposed to push down to release the tray, but that does not work to remove it.  I am afraid if I order a new tray I won't be able to get the old one out.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Try and get it out first, then order.  I could not get mine out. Never found the holes that released the tabs.

I have an OJPRO 8600 plus.  Not very satisfied with the service.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.