06-03-2011 06:33 AM
Two years ago, my wife and I purchased a HPofficejet 6500 wireless printer. We love it. Nearly a month ago, a message "Ink System Failure" appeared and the printer stopped functioning. I immediately call HP support for help. After nearly an hour or more on the phone with the technician, he still could not resolve the issue and stated I needed a new printer. I ordered a new printer as recommended but I was very disappointed because the 6500 is still like brand new because my wife and I only use it as needed. Still we need assess to a printer and fax, so we charged the ordered to our VISA card. The new printer is still in the box unopened.
Recently, I found out that our officejet 6500 wireless do have replacment printhead parts, so I began researching the parts and found out there is a printhead for the officejet 6500 wireless for $24.99. Why is it that the HP support technician did not recommend the replacing of the printhead before stating the entire printer needed to be replaced.. Have anyone else experienced this problem? I am going to order the printhead and see if it resolves my problem. Hopefully it will so that I can send the new printer back to HP.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper