11-11-2010 12:30 PM
I have a problem resetting the error on my HP Deskjet F4180 printer. There is an E on my printer and the orange lights on color and black/photo keep on blinking. Can someone help me solve this issue. Thanks.
11-12-2010 06:14 AM
Hi - Go ahead and try Solution 6 in the "One or both of the Check Print Cartridge lights blink" section of this document. It will walk you through cleaning both the cartridge and carriage contacts. It may just be that there is a bad connection between the cartridges and the carriage.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
12-28-2012 12:38 PM
To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper