Question

Honor Student
greenfieldngp
Message 1 of 3 (2,496 Views)

SLOW PRINT SPEED OF OFFICEJET 6500 E709A

Hi,

My new officejet 6500 e709a is verrrrry slow in printing. It takes almost 2 minutes to print /scan/copy 1 page (black & white) while as per the specification print speed should be 31 ppm.. Pls advice me urgently am very upset with this printer...

We have checked the troubleshoot on net, but unable to solve this problem... The connection is as per the advice..

Awaiting for your early reply on this...

Regards,

Green Field

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (2,477 Views)

Re: SLOW PRINT SPEED OF OFFICEJET 6500 E709A

There are a few things to check - first make sure you are not printing with "photo paper" selected.  Try printing to plain paper.  The next thing to check would be to watch the carriage during printing.  Does the carriage make a sweep across the page than wait 10-15 seconds before printing the next swath?  If so the printhead is likely defective.  In this case you would need to contact HP for warranty service.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Alyssum
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: SLOW PRINT SPEED OF OFFICEJET 6500 E709A

Copy button resulted in photo copy quality most of time, sometimes regular copy quality. I reset default "Paper Type" to "Plain Paper" instead of "Automatic" as suggested, and it worked! Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation