03-13-2010 04:19 AM
My new officejet 6500 e709a is verrrrry slow in printing. It takes almost 2 minutes to print /scan/copy 1 page (black & white) while as per the specification print speed should be 31 ppm.. Pls advice me urgently am very upset with this printer...
We have checked the troubleshoot on net, but unable to solve this problem... The connection is as per the advice..
Awaiting for your early reply on this...
03-15-2010 10:23 AM
There are a few things to check - first make sure you are not printing with "photo paper" selected. Try printing to plain paper. The next thing to check would be to watch the carriage during printing. Does the carriage make a sweep across the page than wait 10-15 seconds before printing the next swath? If so the printhead is likely defective. In this case you would need to contact HP for warranty service.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
05-09-2014 12:16 AM
Copy button resulted in photo copy quality most of time, sometimes regular copy quality. I reset default "Paper Type" to "Plain Paper" instead of "Automatic" as suggested, and it worked! Thank you!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper