09-25-2009 02:41 PM
Hi, I'm in a bit of a jam.! HA!! Okay. that was fun...
Background: I work for the Government (Peace Corps) in Burkina Faso West Africa. It's the second poorest country in the world. I simply can't get parts or expert advice to repair. I've got to find a work around.
I have a PSC 2440xi and the scanner glass shattered when it was shipped to me. I don't use the scanner and copier functions much, so I can live without it. But I would love to be able to print. Trouble is, when I plug the product in, the ON light flashes and the scanner cartridge tries to slide across the top underneath where the glass used to be. It can't calibrate so it jams. I can't get any farther than that. Is there a way to override the start up functions? Anyway that I could just install the print functions?
Dan in Burkina
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper