Question

Tutor
Sistafatti
Message 1 of 4 (795 Views)
Accepted Solution

Shut Down error message

HP Photosmart Plus B209A

Windows 7 (64 bit)

On occasion when printing a report from Quicken or when printing a PDF document, printing stops and I receive the following error message. "To avoid damage, use on button to shut down. Do not use outlet to shut down". When I click OK on the touch screen, the paper ejects. I can switch to another PDF document just for testing process and another document will print ok. Don't know why I get the shut down message when I am not trying to shut down, just print a document.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (761 Views)

Re: Shut Down error message

Please read this post then provide some details.  How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? It appears the printer is losing communication with the computer breifly and appearing to be turned off.  

What print mode are you using?  Fast Draft puts the most strain on the printer power supply.  If you are using Fast Draft make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and is not connected through a power strip of surge suppressor.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
Sistafatti
Message 3 of 4 (755 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I was attempting to print in fast draft mode and the printer is connected via USB and the power cord is plugged into a surge protector power strip. Very useful information you provided and I learned something I didn't know.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation