Question

Intern
razzell2
Message 11 of 12 (661 Views)

Re: Smart Web Printing / IE8

hey dexter. whats up buddy?

yeah, to tell you the truth, i was confused with all the extra security features of ie8 as well.

lots of stuff that i, too, did not really need, or understand for that matter.

i suppose i would have gotten used to it eventually, but as i said, because i could not use my hp websmart, i never really gave it a chance.

but, you know, im just a pc user, not a buisness or a company, so i dont think i need all that extra security stuff.

and basically thats what all the updates and the new ie8 platform is really all about.  security.

i understand that the new microsoft 7 is released for use now?  is that whats its called?  microsoft 7?

(what are we using now?  vista right?  microsoft 7 is the update for vista, is that correct?)

anyway, you take care dexter, and i will talk to you later, friend

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 12 of 12 (637 Views)

Re: Smart Web Printing / IE8

razzell2 wrote:
[snip] I understand that the new microsoft 7 is released for use now?  is that whats its called?  microsoft 7?

(what are we using now?  vista right?  microsoft 7 is the update for vista, is that correct?)

The follow-on to Vista is Windows 7.  A release candidate (like a beta) was made available for download from Microsoft.  The official release is scheduled to be October 22, 2009.   The RC1 release in the previous link will function until March1, 2010.  After that it will shut itself down every two hours until it expires in June 2010.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation