Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

How to stop a test page from being printed every time the computer is first turned on?

Printer is a HP-1510 ink jet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi community!

☑️ First, you can check these steps: 

• Remove the sheets of paper from the printer so that the printer does not start printing the alignment pages.
  • Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected to the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

☑️ If the printer continues to print alignment pages then I suggest you to perform the steps from this An Alignment Page Prints Every Time that the All-in-One is Turned On or Off or a Print Job is Starte.... Though these steps also help in fixing alignment failures.

And you can update your drivers, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem.  Every time I turn on the printer and start a print job it runs through a test page.  Nifty way to go through a ton of ink.  If I leave printer on I don't get another test page printed when doing other jobs.  Only happens when I turn off between jobs.
HP Recommended
I own the c3180
HP Recommended
it seems to be printing the "alignment" page and not a test page. it's happening since you didnt complete the alignment process. so the next time it prints it, place it on the scanner glass with the face down and press the scan button(or follow the alignment process acc. to your printer model). once it is done, it wont print it again until you install a new cartridge.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended
Trying that now, thanks.   Just scan the alignment page and I'm done?
HP Recommended
yes. the alignment page has to be scanned, so that the printer can verify the alignment settings and save it. once that is done, it should not reoccur.
HP Recommended

Hi kmo,

It will be "done" if the printer is no longer printing a test page again.:manhappy:

But if and only if the printer will just print a test page again. There might have some issues with the cartridges that won't align properly.

Cordially,

Julius Arcipe

HP Recommended
it still prints atest allignment page
HP Recommended
Try following THIS document and tell us what happens.
HP Recommended

When you ran out of ink you were being cheap and replaced only the Black Ink Cartridge.

Replace the Color Cartridge and the test page will stop printing when you turn it on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.