The paper goes through the printer, but the printer doesn't print (953 Views)
Honor Student
northwoodsgirl
Message 1 of 4 (953 Views)

The paper goes through the printer, but the printer doesn't print

I have an HP C7280 printer and I have been having some paper jam issues, but now I have printing problems. The paper goes through, but the printer does not print. I printed a test page and that did not work either. Any suggestions?

Student
rjart
Message 2 of 4 (914 Views)

Re: The paper goes through the printer, but the printer doesn't print

I have the same problem on my c7250. I have had paper jam problems sometimes when I print, and now when I try to print, the paper comes out blank. There is no error message, the printer sounds normal and acts normal, all the ink cartridges are full, and it was printing fine last week. Now it acts like it's printing and the page comes out blank. Not a trace of ink anywhere.

Honor Student
northwoodsgirl
Message 3 of 4 (906 Views)

I just tried to print a document and it is printing on SOMETHING and then a blank sheet came through.

Printed another one and it printed!!! This is telling me that it is the way the paper is being pulled through

the rollers. I don't know what can be done. I have never had this problem before....but it did start with

paper jams first just like yours. I have this printer at another home and it works fine. I guess they are

machines and they break! I really don't want a new one as I really like this one. Don't even know if it

can be fixed. I do not have the HP book it came with do you? Maybe it will help with our problem. Let

me know what you find out. Thanks so much for responding!!!

Honor Student
northwoodsgirl
Message 4 of 4 (876 Views)

I took my printer in to have it looked at and they found the problem pretty quick.

Apparently, when the paper jammed up in the back, I took it out and the back

carriage got twisted and was out of whack. Make sure your carriage and rollers

are lined up like they should be. It sounds like your problem is pretty much the

same. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation