11-11-2012 01:56 PM
The module could not be found.
I am running windows 7 64bit
Uninstalled a printer. Now my computer is complaining that the file is no longer there. It is trying to detect this at startup every time I turn on my computer. How do I get my computer to stop looking for this at startup?
11-15-2012 04:52 PM
Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:
It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.
Best of Luck!
11-16-2012 08:09 AM
This does not help. This tool is for installed printers. I uninstalled my printer and want my computer to stop looking for it when I start up the computer. Thank u.
11-16-2012 05:18 PM
I see, thank you for clarifying. It seems you may still have additional HP software installed. Check your Add/Remove programs for any additional applications, uninstall if you find any and let me know the results.
11-17-2012 03:55 PM
I have done so already. The only HP software installed is for my new photosmart 5510. I have tried uninstalling that too. I'm guessing there is something in the windows registry that still thinks the printer is still there. When I used the program you linked me, it showed the 3050 as installed. However, the program could not interact with the 3050 because it was uninstalled. The doctor program told me to do what you said to do, look in add/remove programs.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper