There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll (897 Views)
Honor Student
Fredjb1976
Message 1 of 5 (897 Views)

There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

The module could not be found.

I am running windows 7  64bit

Uninstalled a printer.  Now my computer is complaining that the file is no longer there.   It is trying to detect this at startup every time I turn on my computer.  How do I get my computer to stop looking for this at startup?

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 5 (867 Views)

Re: There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Fredjb1976
Message 3 of 5 (860 Views)

Re: There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

This does not help.  This tool is for installed printers.  I uninstalled my printer and want my computer to stop looking for it when I start up the computer.   Thank u.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 5 (850 Views)

There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

Fredjb1976,

I see, thank you for clarifying. It seems you may still have additional HP software installed. Check your Add/Remove programs for any additional applications, uninstall if you find any and let me know the results.
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Fredjb1976
Message 5 of 5 (839 Views)

I have done so already.  The only HP software installed is for my new photosmart 5510.  I have tried uninstalling that too.  I'm guessing there is something in the windows registry that still thinks the printer is still there.  When I used the program you linked me, it showed the 3050 as installed.  However, the program could not interact with the 3050 because it was uninstalled.  The doctor program told me to do what you said to do, look in add/remove programs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation