06-26-2010 02:08 PM
I have said LaserJet 5p. Despite its age, it still works perfectly. I've just acquired a new desktop which only supports USB printer connection. The HP printer only supports "Local Talk Port, Large Parallel Port, Small Parallel Port and IrDA-compliant Port". Is there a cheap way to connect my old printer?
06-26-2010 02:23 PM
You can get a USB to Parallel adapter, like a StarTech ICUSB1284.
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper