Question

Honor Student
mewandafulone
Message 1 of 5 (4,925 Views)

USB port won't connect my printer.

My all in one HP 410 C printer is not recognized by the USB port and will not connect to my computer using Windox XP with Service Pack 3.  My four USB ports still work for my old printer.  I have installed, uninstalled, cleared temporty files but the installation always stops at this point:  "Connect the USB Cable".  Nothing happens   I was on the phone with an HP tech for 1 1/2 hours and still the problem is not resolved.  

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 5 (4,899 Views)

Re: USB port won't connect my printer.

Hi there,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
mewandafulone
Message 3 of 5 (4,896 Views)

Nothing worked so I went and bought a CATNET6 cable and now the printer is working.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 5 (4,884 Views)

Glad to hear you are back up and running:smileyhappy:. Let us know if you run into any other problems. 

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
Sinned60
Message 5 of 5 (3,526 Views)

My HP printer psc1300 won't connect through a USB cable to my compaq nc 640
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation