Question

Honor Student
judijohn
Message 1 of 7 (682 Views)

Unable to print bar codes

I have a HP Photosmart Premium, C310a.  I've been trying to print bar codes and they arene't printing out.

My black ink level is low but not empty - words are printing fine.  I do not receive printing errors.  The page

with the bar code comes out blank.   I have printed them before without issues.  I didn't want to change

the print cartridge if that isn't the problem - like to use them to the last drop of ink.   Does anyone know if

there's a higher sensitivity with bar codes?  My documents printed in black are fine, it's just he bar codes.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 7 (651 Views)

Re: Unable to print bar codes

hi there,

could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? Things like your printer model and your operating system help out a lot.

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
msbethann
Message 3 of 7 (632 Views)

Hi,

My HP Photosmart 5515 doesn't print coupons right. They print too light (barcodes and expiration dates).  Brand new printer & cartridges. I've only printed a few things but they printed fine, but coupons don't. I need my coupons 

Honor Student
judijohn
Message 4 of 7 (627 Views)

The model is the C310a as I did mention in my post.  My operating system is Windows 7.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 7 (619 Views)

judijohn,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
spl518
Message 6 of 7 (454 Views)

I have the same problem when using the hpeprint.com service.   Yesterday I tried to print out a USPS postage label using the HP eprint email address (e.g.  xxx@hpeprint.com) on my Mom's HP 7510 printer that I bought for her a while back.    Fortunately when I went to tape the label to the package I noticed that the bar code area on the label was blank.    So I installed the 7500 print driver on my laptop and printed directly to the printer and it printed out just fine.   By the way the label was a .pdf file that I saved from the USPS website if that makes any difference.    This sequence of events makes me think there is something wrong with the pdf rendering software on the eprint server.  

Intern
cindy313
Message 7 of 7 (232 Views)

er.. have you changed another barcode prnter ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation