Question

Honor Student
manindersahota
Message 1 of 3 (1,970 Views)

Unable to print labels correctly - HP 5610 Officejet rinter-Please Help!

Hi ,

I am trying to print Avery J8160 labels using my HP 5610 Officejet. I am using official Avery templates and have checked all printer settings, there are no issues.

Everything is fine if I use plain paper but if I use Avery label A4 sheet, the alignment goes out. It's as if the label paper is not being drawn into the printer properly. All print settings are fine. I have contacted Avery and they have no explanation. Avery infact said that there is issue of alignment with printer and contact HP for finding solution. And they said most probably its something to do with printer treating both papers differently and some kind of skidding on rollers or something else resulting into this issue.

I have just done a quick test, I removed top row of labels and then feed the sheet and everything is fine. To me somehow seems that its thickness of label sheet and somehow printer start printing before actual print area on sheet starts. While in case if paper is thin (normal paper or top row of labels removed) , everything is fine.

Any help would be great, I have already wasted many sheets of labels.

regards

Maninder

Honor Student
manindersahota
Message 2 of 3 (1,968 Views)

Re: Unable to print labels correctly - HP 5610 Officejet rinter-Please Help!

Here is help page I found from HP website, it seems I am not doing anything wrong. Roller is slipping. Here is link to HP admitting this problem

Now problem is I am trying to print a PDF document not word. Can anyone give any suggestion how I can get around this problem. Is there a way to set margin to a PDF document which is already created. I can not see in Acrobat any such seetings or I am missing something.

Thanks for any help.

Honor Student
niffe
Message 3 of 3 (1,755 Views)

Re: Unable to print labels correctly - HP 5610 Officejet rinter-Please Help!

That has to do with printer settings. However in Adobe you can set the printer settings and margins so they will print properly. Here is a tutorial that may help http://forums.adobe.com/thread/305671

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation