09-17-2009 04:17 AM
I've just installed a HP PhotoSmart C4580 'All-in-One' printer on my home wireless network but whenevre I print I get the following message:
"Unable to communicate with the printer. This may be caused by the firewall. If you are using firewall software, verify TCP Port 9100 is unblocked from your PC to the printer 192.168.1.66"
I can ping the printer and if I turn off the McAfee firewall then I can print successfully. Can anyone suggest a solution without having to turn off the firewall.
09-22-2009 08:56 AM
Hi. I just got a new hp printer and when I try to install it, I am getting the same error message that you did. I was wondering if you ever figured out a solution. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper