Question

Tutor
scilipoj
Message 1 of 37 (15,320 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vertical Lines on Photos Using HP Photosmart Plus

I just purchased the HP Photosmart Plus last week.  The 1st photos I printed, using the paper that came with the printer (HP Advanced),  looked fine.  My wife bought some 4x6 "Printworks" brand paper.  First I had a paper jam.  I don't know if that's relevant.   The photos I printed had 12 noticeable vertical lines.  It looked like 12 separate vertical strips stitched together.  So then I went out and got HP Premium Plus Paper.  It still looks like 12 vertical strips.  There are noticable verical lines about 1/2 an inch apart.  I also think it looks grainy.  The picture was taken with a 10Mpixel Nikon, so resolution isn't a problem.  I also printed a couple of other pictures and they had the same problem.  I was careful about the settings, choosing the premium plus paper and selecting best quality.  I also cleaned the printheads.   Any ideas??

Joe S.

Honor Student
MrSanchez
Message 2 of 37 (15,300 Views)

Re: Vertical Lines on Photos Using HP Photosmart Plus

I just received my new photosmart plus printer and I am also having the same issue with vertical lines when printing....

Tutor
scilipoj
Message 3 of 37 (15,289 Views)

If we both have it, I'm sure other people do also.  I'm really tied up at work right now, but  I'm on vacation the last two weeks of the year.  if I don't hear of a solution before then, I'll start talking to HP then.

Honor Student
mikelandin
Message 4 of 37 (15,068 Views)

Same problem on my Photosmart Plus. It is not isolated.

Honor Student
mikelandin
Message 5 of 37 (15,032 Views)

Is it possible it's windows photo viewer not playing well with this product?

Teacher
Navbond007
Message 6 of 37 (15,023 Views)

Hi,

I suggest follow the steps in the docuemnt

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01791053&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Thanks

Naveen K

HP Support Engineering Center

Click on STAR button to say thanks

(Although employed by HP, I'm trying to address the issues with my sole willingness and my employer does not bear any liability for my responses)

Honor Student
bkperna
Message 7 of 37 (14,814 Views)

I am having this problem too.  Very disappointing.  Exchanged for a second printer and started doing the same thing. 

Honor Student
cllevi
Message 8 of 37 (14,641 Views)

I am having the same problem.  The solution Naveen recommended is only for scanning and copying.  The issue we are all having is with PRINTING PICTURES only.  My other documents all print fine - just pictures.  I hope someone can help with this veritical line issue.  Very annoying that I can't print pictures with this HP PHOTO PRINTER.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 37 (14,629 Views)

Have y'all tried to use the HP Advanced Photo Paper or HP Everyday Photo Paper?  These are the two photo papers designed to work with your printer and its HP inks.

Anything else may have very bad results. 

I am employed by HP
Tutor
scilipoj
Message 10 of 37 (14,622 Views)

Using the advanced photo paper was the 1st thing I tried.  It didn't help.

When I first got the printer, photos were fine.  Then I had a jam.  Since then I've had the line problem.  I'm thinking of pulling out the printhead and cleaning it.  Has anyone tried that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation