Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem of printing up side down by duplex printing on the HP 7310 Ethernet connected  printer in Windows 7 32 version.

I followed the instructions in the PDF and applied the patch and the problem was solved.

Thanks for the posting of this information.

Greetings

Mark

HP Recommended

When printing automatic duplex the document prints smaller than actual size. That is, a Word 2007 document with a half inch top margin prints as if the top margin is one inch. C309a, Win 7 64-bit, wireless. Steve H

HP Recommended

@edwinkurnia wrote:

Hi Bob,

I am using HP PSC 1510 All-in-One Series connected through a usb to a Windows 7 laptop

I have a problem to print in both sides.

Usually, i simply choose "manually" in the "print on both sides" and it will print the odd page first.. pop up a dialog box telling me to switch the paper upside down.. and continue printing the even page..

However, recently.. even when i have chosen "manually", it prints the odd page and keep continuing with the even page.. the pop up dialog box does not come out anymore..

You might try the solution here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have a CP1160 printer running Windows Ultimate 64-bit. I only get a manual duplex option for printing. Under Installable Options I only get options 

"allow manual duplexing"   &

"activate hardware auto off feature"

I get no option for  Installable Options, set the "Two Sided Duplex Unit" to installed, OK. What can I do to get the auto duplex function?

HP Recommended

Hi.  When printing more than one page with manual duplex, our HP C4780 does not finish feeding the first page.  It just prints half the first page then waits until you click "continue" in the duplex dialog, but then it pulls a new sheet for the second page.  Running Windows 7.

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same problem with the .5 margins! Have you found anything to work?? What on earth is the problem????

HP Recommended

I have the officejet 8500 premeir and am having the same issues someone else had, when printing double sided the printer automatically gives a 1 inch margin on the left side, and is actually "scrunching" the whole document, narrowing it to fit into the remaining 10 inches, rather than 11... It is like the printer goes to a 8.5 by 10 inch setting instead of 8.5 by 11 inch setting. i have tried this in so many different programs, am still going crazy. Currently using windows vista and publisher to print. thanks for any help!

Amanda

HP Recommended

When printing automatic duplex the document prints smaller than actual size. That is, a MS Word 2007 document with the top and bottom margins set to a half inch, the printer prints the document as if the top and bottom margins are approximately  one inch. The same problem occurs in MS Publisher 2003. C309a, Win 7 64-bit, wireless. Steve H

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with shrinking top and bottom margins that SFH is having when auto-duplexing. Along with Word documents, this occurs when I print images or PDF files. I also had this problem with Windows XP. My current configuration is C309a wireless, Windows 7 64bit.

HP Recommended

I just bought and installed HP 8500 A909a printer on Vista.  The problem is that when duplexing the pages come out shrunk.  Also  the first page come down with greater top margin. 

I would appreciate a response on how to fix this problem.  Thanks for your help.

Becky

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.