Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Unit is a HP Officejet 6500 E709a series. The OS is Win7 64 (fresh install not upgrade). Installed the OJ6500vE709_Full_13 software package. Installed the included HP CB057-67001 Duplexer module which provides double sided printing capability for the Officejet 6500 All-in-One printer series. Duplex unit does not show as an installed option in the device settings' Advanced Features. I have admin rights on this unit. I have run the HP updater. I have installed the unit using USB connections and local ethernet (wired) separately: no change. Please advise on a solution. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

HP Recommended

Here is some additional information:

Printer Status Report

Product Information

1. Model Name: HP Officejet 6500 E709 Series

2. Product Number: CB815A

3. Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

4. Service ID: XXXXX

5. Printer Zone (PX): 0

6. Firmware Version: MJP1FN0935AR

7. FW Patch Version: 0

8. Country/Region: 15 / 1

9. Duplexer: Not installed

10. ADF: Installed

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with another HP printer.  I went in and had Microsoft search for an updated driver.  The copy of Win7 I loaded did not have latest drivers.  When the updated driver was installed the dropdown window showed the engaged option.

HP Recommended

we have an HP Officejet Pro L7555 All in one. we checked to make sure everything is connected properly. But now it is printing a mirrow image( everything is backwards) Help would be great. any suggestions. Thanks

HP Recommended

I just got an HP Officejet J4680 printer.  When I try to manually print double-sided copies using my Vista-running laptop, it will print the odd sides fine, and then when I flip the pages and click "continue" nothing happens.  The job still shows in the pop-up as "printing" but there's no noise or any activity at all.  But it printed manual double-sided just fine from my XP-running desktop.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

HP Recommended

Windows 7 HPLaserJet 1300 Duplex trouble.

Brand new computer with Win7 installed.  When I first installed my HP1300 everything worked fine.  After being off-site and installing another HP, later model, my HP LaserJet 1300 no longer duplexes properly (manually).  In fact it took hours deleting the later model and all its files wherever I could find them to get it to any form of duplexing.  Now, it duplexes pages in the wrong order:  Page 1 on the back of page 4; page 2 on the back of page 3 (e.g., when printing 4 pages).  When duplexing more than one page (i.e., a document), there is no way to get it correct.  

In addition, no longer can i manually set the second side printing from the printer, I have to hit ok on the computer.  It has always been a manual duplexer.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Still trying to get my HP LaserJet 1300 to work properly (duplex) on my new Win7 laptop.  It seems as though if I could clean off all the previous installed files, i would stand a chance on a re-install, since it did work for a week or so.  Can anyone tell me where all these driver files are?  I seem to come upon a new one every time I fiddle around with settings, so maybe i am just not getting them all off.

Any other hints?

thanks

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thank you for the information.  I just hooked up a G85 to a Vista laptop through a USB Hub.  It works perfectly!  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Cannot use duplexer on photosmart 8150. Tried to identify duplexer in device settings: printer properties but all lines are grayed out. Please help

HP Recommended

Printer: Photosmart 3200 with separately purchased duplexing attachment connected via USB

Previous computer: Lenovo desktop with Vista Home Premium, duplexing worked. Had upside down problem that was solved with your method.

Temporary spare computer: Compaq with Vista Home Basic. Duplexing feature not recognized. Applied your method to no avail. Problem is printing from IE8. Tried turning protected mode off, but no avail. Downloaded diagnositc utility, but it found no problems.Tried unplugging, and waiting 30 seconds, and plugging back in. No change.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.