Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just trying to print a jpg and getting a message to open One Note first.  I don't know what that is...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One note is an application that comes with Office 2007 and Office 2010. OneNote organizes your notes in Notebooks, each of which are broken into Sections and might have multiple Pages.

When you install Office application, One Note becomes the default printer as shown below:

Capture.JPG

To resolve the issue, click Start and select Devices and printers option. You will see a window like the one above. Select the printer you want to print with, right-click and select "Set As Default Printer". Now you can print through the printer normally.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

One note is an application that comes with Office 2007 and Office 2010. OneNote organizes your notes in Notebooks, each of which are broken into Sections and might have multiple Pages.

When you install Office application, One Note becomes the default printer as shown below:

Capture.JPG

To resolve the issue, click Start and select Devices and printers option. You will see a window like the one above. Select the printer you want to print with, right-click and select "Set As Default Printer". Now you can print through the printer normally.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Spoiler

thank you!

HP Recommended

@SaratogaD wrote:

Just trying to print a jpg and getting a message to open One Note first.  I don't know what that is...

HP Recommended

I am trying to print a page from Expedia with regards to prices of plane fare, how can I print the page?

HP Recommended

I want my printer back and I don't want One Note!

HP Recommended

I do not want onenote and I want my printer back so I can use it again

HP Recommended

The answer given below did not work on my HP Officejet 6310.  I have been using it for a year and half with my toshiba laptop.  Had no problems until microsoft downloaded their last batch of updates.  Right now I am unable to print anything, am told I must "run One Note for the first time."   My Officejet is and has been set as the default printer. How can I get rid of OneNote? 

HP Recommended

OneNote has caused my printer to no longer work.  How do I fix this problem?

HP Recommended

How can i get rid of One Note?  I don't want it. it started to load and then quit. AND NOW  I CANNOT USE MY PRINTER!  .  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.