Question

Student
MrsWhite
Message 1 of 8 (5,111 Views)

Where I can find a alignment page??

I have a Hp Deskjet F2180 printer but I need an alignment page.Where can I find one??

Teacher
muj851
Message 2 of 8 (5,091 Views)

Re: Where I can find a alignment page??

Hi,

Alignment page can be printed from your printer or through printer software, not sure why do u want alignment pages.

Step on how to print an alignment page using the computer

1. Make sure there is letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
  2. Double-click the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon on the lower-right side of the task bar.
         The HP Solution Center displays.

3.Click the Device Services tab, and then click Align the Print Cartridges.

The product prints an ink cartridge alignment sheet.

NOTE: Printing alignment sheets shortens the life of ink cartridges. Print them only when necessary.

4. Load the ink cartridge alignment sheet print-side down on the left-front corner of the glass.

Figure 1: Loading the alignment sheet

Alignment page.jpg

5. Press the Scan button.

The product aligns the ink cartridges. Recycle or discard the ink cartridge alignment sheet.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Honor Student
Pj91
Message 3 of 8 (2,491 Views)

I have a 3070A. It prints the alignment page badly because it seems the heads aren't aligned properly (black appears streaked).

I have followed ALL the diagnostic procedures, changed cartridges, cleaned contacts etc etc. until I'm left with head alignment as the issue.

I print the alignment page, but it prints badly - after all the printer's not working properly.

The scanner then fails to detect the alignment page.

The printer has been lightly used by the family for about 24 months. Now I'm stuck and the printer is essentially trash.

Needing to fix a printing fault by correctly printing a page seems like a bit of design flaw.

My last ditch attempt to save this printer is to print the alignment page on a functioning printer, but all I can find is this comment.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 8 (2,386 Views)

Hi @Pj91
Is it just the black that's streaky? Is the vent area on the cartridge clogged at all? (Refer to fig 11 & 12 in the link below)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c02830891&lc=en&product=5068754&tmp...

Thanks
Ciara
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Pj91
Message 5 of 8 (2,381 Views)

Thanks Ciara,

I have already done that and even tried a new cartridge.  Unless there's a definite solution, I figure it's barely worth investing more ink in trying to resolve.

I'm disappointed though that the product has only lasted 24 months of pretty light use.

Honor Student
Pj91
Message 6 of 8 (2,380 Views)

Sorry - should also have said, yes, it's only the black that's streaky.

I've now gone out and bought a Canon all-in-one, but if I can fix this, it can go in my study as my deskjet 959c is really old now.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 7 of 8 (2,342 Views)

If the printer's out of warranty, one option is to try soaking the printhead as described by Bob...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-Premium-c309a-Black-prints-out-gree...

1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.

Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Pj91
Message 8 of 8 (2,255 Views)

Hi Ciara_B,

thanks for your suggestion.  I've been pulling and pushing and turning the printer over and it looks to me like the printhead is not removeable on this printer.

There's no lever like the one shown in Bob's diagrams.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation