11-09-2011 07:52 PM
The smaller of the two (With the hourglass symbol) is the one that is apparently used for printing and I am not sure what the larger of the two (with a pentagram symbol) is used for. I am replacing the smaller of the two for the second time and the larger one is still full. Why will the system not select the black ink cartridge that has ink instead of always using the same one? Is there a way to get the system to select the larger of the two cartridges? I am tired of replacing one small ink cartridge when there is a full cartridge a few inches to the right!
11-09-2011 09:17 PM
The smaller black is used for normal texts , while the bigger one is used for high quality graphics or photos.
I believe you use the printer for printing documents only thats why the bigger black is still full.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
09-15-2014 02:16 PM
bassergitz, I would have been more impressed had you answered the question--why can't the Photosmart switch to the full cartridge? Or if it just can't, whether tswitching is even possible on newer models.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper