Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been having problems displaying print ink levels.  So, I decided to run the latest Print and Scan Doctor software.  Sure enough the diagnostic detected a driver problem and displayed a message "Driver Conflict Detected".  So, following instructions, the driver was uninstalled and new software was installed using the latest full driver and other software install.  After this was completed, the diagnostic was run again, guess what, same message.  The next timeI installed just the driver install package.  The diagnostic was again run.  Guess what, same error.  Well, after a couple of hours trying to find a different driver for a Windows 7 64 bit machine and looking for a different uninstall program, I have given up.  Oh, the other problem is repeated "offline" messages on my wife WIFI connection to the printer. Neither problem has been corrected.   Does anyone have a solution?  

Thanks - 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
That solved the problem for the USB connected computer. The wireless computer is also operating correctly.

Thank you for the help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

HI bob111,

What kind of printer do you have ? 

Are you using windows 7 64 bit as your operating system ?

Are you getting the error message on the computer or the printer ?

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

HP Recommended

This is to answer Brandon1's questions and to provide additional information.  

Thank you for the reply Brandon1

The printer is a C309a, to computer is running windows 7 64 bit with a USB connection.  The message is displayed on the computer when the Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic executes.   

The Diagnostic is executed to find a cause for: 1) inability to check ink levels using the HP solution center and to 2) find a correction for a reoccuring "Offline" message when using a wireless connection.  Now I am seeing a new abnormal condition.  The HP Solution Center is displaying a "Disconnected" message for the C309a and the HP 2600 series which is also connected.  Both printers print.

My gut feel is the uninstall program does not remove all references to the C309a when it executes.  I have no idea why HP2600 series printer is displaying the disconnect message,

I think I will uninstall all 3 printers and start from there.  I you have other recommendations let me know..  

Thank you again for the help.

HP Recommended

bob111,

That's a great idea to uninstall the software and start over. Here is a link to the support page that may help you with uninstalling the software on your C309a.

Let me know if this fixes the issue once you reinstall the software or if you still get the error message.

HP Recommended
That solved the problem for the USB connected computer. The wireless computer is also operating correctly.

Thank you for the help.
HP Recommended

bob111,

Great, glad to hear that worked ! 

HP Recommended

While the majority of the problem is solved.  That is I can get the ink levels and the wireless computer can now.  print.  But, the  "driver conflict detected" message returned after I installed the software for the HP Photosmart 2610 All-in-One Printer.   While there is no functional problem, the message is present which may indicate a problem during the installation process or the diagnostic is not functioning correctly. 

Since my problem has been corrected, I will ignore the diagnostic message.

Thanks again for the help.

HP Recommended

Yeah as long as the functionality is there for you I wouldn't worry about the message. 

HP Recommended

I don't see the solusion to the issue

HP Recommended

Brandon1 - Thank you for the help.  I accept you reply as a solution.  Excuse my delay.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.