Question

Honor Student
JanisShaffer
Message 1 of 6 (2,153 Views)

Why do I get orange overtones on my photos printed on C310?

I have a new C310 and though my screen photos are normal the prints produced have a heavy orange tone rendering the photo unacceptable.  Is this normal or can it be adjusted?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (2,134 Views)

Re: Why do I get orange overtones on my photos printed on C310?

What program are you printing from?  If the program has an option of printing to a CMYK or RGB model make sure you have selected RGB.  Although the printer uses CMYK inks the driver expects RGB data.  If you s.elect CMYK the prints will be very oversaturated and typically redish or orange.

If this is not the issue then try the troubleshooting steps in this page.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
JanisShaffer
Message 3 of 6 (2,128 Views)

Thanks Bob for your prompt response, sounds like you are a guy that knows what I am talking about. 

I am printing from Windows Photo Gallery

Print/Color management the settings  are

Device profile System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)

Viewing conditions profile System default (sRGB viewing conditions)

Should these setting be OK?

I have gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions on the page you suggested but I am still getting orange skin.  Since this is a new printer I'm not sure what to expect from the quality. 

Honor Student
JanisShaffer
Message 4 of 6 (2,127 Views)

Just tried printing through another software program, Photoshop Elements.  I did get a better quality.  Thanks for putting me on the right track Bob. 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 6 (2,123 Views)

I do not recall if the C310 is affected, but Windows Photo Gallery may ignore printer settings in  some cases resulting in incorrect print modes being used (for example, plain paper instead of the proper photo paper settings.).  You can work around this as follows:

Set Print Preferences from ‘Devices & Printers’ PPUI (not from within the application):

1. Start, [Device & Printers]
  2. Right click on printer icon and select ‘Printing Preferences
  3. Select/make the preferred changes and click on ‘Ok'
  • User will be able to print and observe the setting retained for the very first print job sent; subsequent print jobs will not have the correct settings.
  • User only needs to close/restart the application to apply the settings again (and again, only for the first print job sent after opening the application).

I would not suggest this is a good workaround, but it might confirm the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
kornfusion
Message 6 of 6 (1,188 Views)

Re: Why do I get orange overtones on my photos printed on hp printer?

why am i getting qrange tones on my pictures?  i have a hp laptop and a hp printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation