Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi ptoal,

Thank you for the additional information.

DId you indicate before you had some WireShark data?

if so, can you get me a copy of what you have?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi ptoal,

Please review the private message I sent to you yesterday.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Same thing is happening to me. This is very annoying. Just bought the printer today. Sorry, but I'm not tech savvy and do not understand what I should do to fix this. Would someone mind dummying this down a bit so I can go thru the steps? my son set this up but doesn't live here with me so I'm clueless. thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello naomi460.

I understand your concerns. Please follow these instructions to try and resolve your issue:

On your printer's control panel (printer's touch screen):

1) Click on the wireless icon at the very top; this will indicate your IP address.

2) Open a Internet Explorer page, and where the address bar is (make sure it's blank) type the IP address you just gathered and hit enter on your keyboard.

3) This page will take you to the Embedded web sever of your printer, and click on network tab.

4) Look for networking option on the left.

5) Then UPnP option on the left.

6) Select the 'Disable UPnP' radio button, then click apply.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ashley

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Just got my 7520 less than a week ago, and it was driving me nuts having it waking up all the time.  It appears that disabling the UPnP has resolved the issue.  But unless I stumbed upon this Forum I would have never figured it out.  I probably would have returned the printer and bought a different brand.  Maybe the solution should be included in the manual.

HP Recommended

When I try to access the network settings it asks for an admin username and password but I never set one up. I need to turn off the printer, it's highly annoying.

HP Recommended

I too am working on the random wake-up and run issue...read previous posts regarding turning off UPnP. problem...when I enter my printers ip address (192.168.1.6) Chrome  works for a while then returns nothing. [same for IE]. So cannot open web page to disable UPnP. Help?

I did disable UPnP on my router.   Not a fix. Still restarts/wakes up and runs/whatever about every hour or so. Help??

HP Recommended

Followed your steps, UPnP is already disabled.

HP Recommended
I have an HP Photosmart 6520 that has had this same problem for years. When UPNP is enabled, the printer reboots around every 30 minutes, and wastes tons of ink in the process. Why hasn't HP bothered to fix this firmware bug? I'm never going to buy an HP printer again.
HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet 100 that does the same thing.  I'm unable to find the UPnP option on the web interface.  See the screenshot below.  Can someone tell me where to find this option on my printer?  Also, will disabling UPnP disable my ability to use AirPrint from my iPhone and iPad?

Capture.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.