Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

if your printer cannot find your SSID (username) it will always consider itself "offline"

so if you changed your modem in any way you need to check this.

HP Recommended

why dose my printer say its off line and how do i change it to online

HP Recommended
Wireless laptop says our HP 6310x printer is offline...never had a problem before, how do we get online!?
HP Recommended
Have a HP printer keeps saying off line how do I change it back to online
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having issues with the printer showing offline.
I will be happy to help you.

I have provided a document to go through the steps to see if it will resolve this issue.

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Print: Windows 7.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Says my printers offline how do I change it

HP Recommended

Says my printer is offline, how do I change it?

HP Recommended

Hi outlander1,

I see that the printer is showing offline.
I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Did you follow through this document which was provided on the previous post?

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Print: Windows 7.

I would have to know a little more information to properly assist you.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

(if the printer is networked do you have a valid IP address)

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor?

Have a great day.
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@edowns wrote:

I have trouble getting my printer to print from my laptop it says printer offline but it is not checked How can I get it online and stay there

HP Recommended

I subscribe to IYogi but they take forever to fix my problems and never tell me how they did it.  My printer is a HP Officejet 6600.  I have tried going to control panel and clicked on my computer but that is as far as I can get.  Do I need to uninstall the printer and install it again?  This is most frustrating and I don't know why the printer goes "offline".  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.