Question

Honor Student
moeman
Message 1 of 12 (9,968 Views)

Why does my printer print so slow when I print something off the internet?cc=us

Sometimes it so slow,I think it will stop. It does one pass each time with a few seconds in between.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 12 (9,956 Views)

Re: Why does my printer print so slow when I print something off the internet?cc=us

What printer model?  This is likely caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
moeman
Message 3 of 12 (9,949 Views)

Re: Why does my printer print so slow when I print something off the internet?cc=us

When I took the black cartridge out and printed it seemed normal. When I took out the colored cartridge it went super fast. Very good.Does this mean my color cartridge is to blame? Both were over half full. If this is the problem should I send the color cartridge back to HP? I'm sure it's under warranty.

Honor Student
moeman
Message 4 of 12 (9,948 Views)

My printer is Officejet 4315xi all in one.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 12 (9,944 Views)

It appears your color cartridge has failed.  If it is an original HP (not a reman or refill) then check the warranty as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
kaluda
Message 6 of 12 (8,128 Views)

I replaced the black cartridge in my case and it sped right up!!!!  Thank you

Honor Student
kaluda
Message 7 of 12 (8,049 Views)

HI,

My printer is doing the same Slow process again. I had changed the cartridge  a couple days ago but now it is at it again and prints so slow it seems like it is not going to work at all. Any other ideas.  It is a HP5610 all in one.

Honor Student
jimbob151
Message 8 of 12 (7,161 Views)

Printer will not operate with a missing cartridge
Honor Student
kaluda
Message 9 of 12 (7,154 Views)

..it has two cartridges in it, and it is sporadic doing the VERRRRy slow printing. Sometimes it pops right out and then just the opposite........any other input?

Student
playfair
Message 10 of 12 (4,032 Views)

I would like to trouble shoot as my HP Deskjet printer 3050j610 series is doing one line at a time at a very slow,slow pace.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation