Question
Why does my printer say its OFF LINE??
Replies (172)

aev Top Student
Top Student
aev
Message 51 of 173 (219,058 Views)

Re: Why does my printer say its OFF LINE??

My printer suddenly stopped printing.  It is now offline.  How do 

I fix this

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 52 of 173 (218,968 Views)

Hi! If you could provide some basic information such as the printer's model or sku number it would help identify the best way to resolve this issue. Thanks!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Tutor
smcor
Message 53 of 173 (218,608 Views)

when I try to print I get a message that the printe is offline.  how did this happen and what does it mean.  How do I change it so that I can print

Student
bcubina
Message 54 of 173 (218,553 Views)

I think I may have found a solution for everyone...

What i did was unplug my wireless router from the wall so it would turn off then back on (reset) and then once it came back on restart my computer. Once I did that i was able to print again and it did not say offline anymore. Please let me know if this works!!!

It worked on my Macbook Air and Lenovo laptop

-Brandon

Honor Student
bonnie44
Message 55 of 173 (218,543 Views)

Double-U- Dee. Thank you for your help. Nothing would work to fix my printer. I bought a new one. Thanks again for your help. Bonnie
Honor Student
dstiles59
Message 56 of 173 (218,475 Views)

My printer says it is offline.  Do you know if there is a patch that I need to make it compatible with Windows 7?

Tutor
smcor
Message 57 of 173 (218,446 Views)

I tried to reinstall  after uninstalling,  but I still have the problem.  Perhaps I should give more info:  I have a new (purchased

in Oct. ) hp Photosmart premium C310 printer and had installed it wirelessly.  It was installed properly according to the Configuration Page that was printed.  But on most occasions when I try to either print something from the web or a document I am told it is "offline".  It isn't however.  SHould any kind of setting be changed?  Why does it happen?  I am frustrated and am tempted to throw the thing out the window. My old Epson photo all in one never did this.  Any further help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Honor Student
dstiles59
Message 58 of 173 (218,444 Views)

The solution was to turn off my printer for a few minutes and then turn it back on.  When I did all the documents that were in the system began to print.

Student
joeclem3303
Message 59 of 173 (215,371 Views)

my printer is an hp officejet j4680 all in one wireless, and its say its offline and it won,t print. what should i do?

Tutor
ENewton
Message 60 of 173 (213,016 Views)

The same thing just happened to me & I found the problem within a couple minutes by exploring.  I'm using Windows 7.

1. Go to the 'Start' menu
  2. Select 'Devices and Printers'
  3. Double Click on your printer
  4. Click the link on the top right that says 'Printer: Offline'
  5. Click on 'Printer' at the top left
  6. Go down and uncheck 'use printer offline'
  7. PRINT

This worked for me.. I thought I was gonna have to do a system restore or something more complicated if that didn't work... definitely don't wanna buy another printer over a technical glitch! Hope this solves your problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation