Question
Why does my printer say its OFF LINE??
Replies (172)

Honor Student
Edwardshiple
Message 61 of 173 (31,503 Views)

Re: Why does my printer say its OFF LINE??

I have a 3500 and 3700 hp printer.  The green light flashes and it says the printer is offline.  When it's

like this they won't print.  How do I solve this problem?

Student
rinaldindl
Message 62 of 173 (31,454 Views)

why does my HP deskjet all in one always come up offline deleting and I cannot use? I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times in past. It will work afew days then the same problem happens again. What am I doing wrong?

Student
TrillKikiLucky
Message 63 of 173 (31,052 Views)

Hi everyone i need help i have a printer its a few years old its an HP photosmart C6380 all in one wireless. we lost the cd in the move so i had to reinstall the software through the website. which was fine but now i want to move the computer but not the printer to another room and make it wireless again. so i connected the printer to my router but it still continues to say my printer is offline. (just once it said that when i printed) now the computer and printer wont talk. unless i hook up the usb cord. I am working with a windows 7 home premium operating system 64 bit.

i would greatly appreciate any help. THANKS :smileyvery-happy:

Student
joyroy
Message 64 of 173 (31,042 Views)

My hp k5400 printer is off line how do I fix it. I cannot print

Student
1025nwuser
Message 65 of 173 (31,029 Views)

This worked well.  Had to make one other change in there but don't remember where it was.  Somehow my use printer offline was greyed out and I had to get admin rights first.  Then I was able to uncheck the option and print again.  Not clear how this happened but thank you for the solution.

Student
coryth
Message 66 of 173 (30,856 Views)

can you tell me how to put my printer back online

hppsc1315

Honor Student
sallyb113
Message 67 of 173 (30,398 Views)

I followed your instructions but it will not allow me to untick the 'use printer offline button.  Any other suggestions as to where else I might be able to change this setting.

Thanks for your help

Student
AIP8
Message 68 of 173 (30,293 Views)

aev wrote:

My printer suddenly stopped printing.  It is now offline.  How do 

I fix this

Student
satish983
Message 69 of 173 (30,211 Views)

I have a Diskjet D2360. It was working on very fine but suddenly the paper got jammed for some reason.

When i checked in the Printers and Faxes it seamed the paper is jammed. I got the paper removed but after that it shows that printer is offline. When i try to make it online the status changes to "Offline-Offline". So i again clicked on Printer to offline, and this changed the status to Offline.

The light on the on/off button keeps on blinking. I tried pressing the button a hundred times but it neither gets off nor it gets on......it just keeps blinking.  I switched off and on the system and the printer a couple of times but the problem still remains.  I even deleted the printer and re-installed it, but still the same problem.

No matter what i do the status remains as "Offline".     When i open the top cover the status changes to "Door Open", but as soon as i close the the door the status changes to "Ready" and instantly changes again to "Offline".

Iam using a Windows 7 - 32 bit OS.

Please help.

Honor Student
momof4ascd
Message 70 of 173 (30,071 Views)

What if we are wireless and there is no USB cable?  Also, I'm on a MAC, are the steps different? I keep trying lots of things and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation