Why does printing from the internet result in gibberish? (3092 Views)
Honor Student
den39
Message 1 of 5 (3,092 Views)

Why does printing from the internet result in gibberish?

When printing e-mails or information from the internet I end up with pages of gibberish rather than what I can see on the screen. The only way I can do it is to copy and paste into word. Anyone know why this happens? Is it a printer problem, or is a computer or internet setting thats missing?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (3,074 Views)

Re: Why does printing from the internet result in gibberish?

It sounds like you have a driver issue.  What printer do you have?  How is it connected?  What operating system?

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
den39
Message 3 of 5 (3,060 Views)

I have a new HP photosmart C4480, but I had the same problem with my old Lexmark Z600. Operating system is Windows XP home edition. The problem seemed to start when we changed from AOL to Sky broadband.
Student
juno
Message 4 of 5 (2,939 Views)

my hp2355 does the same thing- allprinting off web/ emails comes out as script file format/ have  uninstalled and reinstalled printer and drivers without success- I can copy and paste to notepad then prints fine any other suggestions?
Honor Student
mreasye
Message 5 of 5 (2,905 Views)

my printer 1410 all-in- one does the same thing. Need help fast.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation