Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why does my printer, print yellow for red colors.  I;ve just replaced the ink?  Any help?

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

It sounds like your magenta is not working.  What printer model?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Mine is printing magenta instead of red; any ideas on that?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but blue not printing.  I have the question in to my computer technician and will reply when he has it.  I understand also that other printers, not HP, have a fix-it program to unclog whatever is clogged.

Actuariuno

HP Recommended

@seschappert wrote:

Mine is printing magenta instead of red; any ideas on that?

This would indicate your yellow ink is not printing.  Please read this post then provide some details, in particular WHAT PRINTER MODEL?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  

WHAT PRINTER MODEL? 

The printer may be low on ink, or there may be other issues.  Running cleaning cycles from the frnt panel or toolbox may help.  Without details of which of the thousand different HP printer models released over the years with widely differing technology it is really difficult to help answer your question.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Its an HP 4180.  They were brand new cartridges and I performed all of the printer utilities, such as align the print heads, clean the cartridges, etc.  I ended up having to print with full saturation and in best mode but then that affected the look of the black text. 

HP Recommended

@seschappert wrote:

Its an HP 4180.  They were brand new cartridges and I performed all of the printer utilities, such as align the print heads, clean the cartridges, etc.  I ended up having to print with full saturation and in best mode but then that affected the look of the black text. 

OK, giving half a clue is better than none.  If it is the Deskjet F4180 see this page for troubleshooting information.  If it is the Photosmart C4180 see the page here

Make sure the paper type settings in the driver match the media you are actually printing on.

If the above does not help then please post some additional details, such as what printer model, what program are you printing from and what operating system you are using.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C7180 all in one and using windows xp.  When I print red does not show up.  We ran clean heads and alignment.  Still missing red. Just put in all new cartridges and all others work.  Have changed before with no problems.

HP Recommended

I bought new ink, cleaned the printer it still does not print magenta/red or any of that particular color

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.