Question

Honor Student
Genielind02
Message 1 of 7 (4,948 Views)

Will not print an Excel spreadsheet

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a printer. When I bought the printer I was running Windows XP. I just bought a new computer running Windows 7 and I have Microsoft Office 2010. I pulled up an old .xls spreadsheet and it will not print even though I saved it as a new verison of Excel. The error message says: Your file could not be printed due to an error on HP Officejet Pro 8500. It says  I either don't have enough memory or I have loose cables. I have removed the printer and reinstalled it. I ran the troubleshoot and even downloaded the diagnostic utility which says there are no issues with my printer.

Can someone enlighten me on what the problem is?

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 7 (4,918 Views)

Re: Will not print an Excel spreadsheet

Can you print from any other software? Try the document I linked below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826862

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
Genielind02
Message 3 of 7 (4,917 Views)

Thank you for responding. I read your link and will try it again when I get home but in the mean time....

I saved the Excel file to my pen drive and printed the document at work which is running XP and the older version of Excel.

My printer prints all other documents and the diagnostic says there are no issues with the printer. However, when I I look at my printers in the control panel, I have 1 showing HP 8500 with a yellow triangle/exclamation point and the other says HP 8500 (copy 1) which is checked as my default printer. I have tried to delete the printer with the yellow triangle but to no avail. Very frustrating especially since my computer is brand new and the printer less than a year. :-(

Honor Student
pepsitech
Message 4 of 7 (2,588 Views)

I have the exact same issue.  Also the 8500 are a PITA to install on WIN7 using USB.

what's the fix? Thanks.

Student
janine999
Message 5 of 7 (2,490 Views)

I hope you can help me. I have a HP deskjet 1050 ALL_IN_ONE J410 series printer, it prints any document except from microsoft excel. It will say that it is printing, it will que up in the printing que and then just disappear I have uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them nothing seems to work.

Please help!

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 7 (2,465 Views)

Hi janine999. A few more details should get us on the right track here.

What version of Microsoft Excel are you trying to print from? What are you clicking on to start printing? Does a printing dialog box come up when you try to print, or does it go directly to your printer queue. What version of windows do you have installed?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
pepsitech
Message 7 of 7 (2,461 Views)

Download the Full driver/software package from HP.com

reinstall using that. I works sometimes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation