Re: Windows 7 and HP All in One Printers (30512 Views)
Master's Graduate
JonW
Message 1 of 2 (93,423 Views)

Windows 7 and HP All in One Printers

[ Edited ]

Have you just brought a new PC with Windows 7 or upgraded from Windows Vista and now having problems with your Printer / All in One.

1) Are you running the latest version of HP Software designed for Windows 7?

Please go to Hp.com and choose Support and Drivers 

then type in your printer model number and follow the directions on the page.

2) Do you print but nothing comes out the printer, and the job just disappears from the spooler?

The fix is available here

Usb Connected Printer

This fix is about USB Connection but the method can also be used for a Network Connection too 

3) Can you scan but your Scanned files just disappear, not in the directory you thought they should be.

The fix is available here

Cannot find scanned image or document files after scanning completes.

4) Does HP Solution Center say that your printer is no longer installed?

The fix is only applicable for people who have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7

HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One) 

5) Did your network printer disappear for no reason maybe after you ran a windows update ?

You may have found a thread that talks about this problem, this thread says disabling HP Device Discovery fixes the problem.  I do not recommend this as it may cause other problem later.

I would recommend readding the missing printer using Add Device from the Start, HP (Printer Device Name) Menu Item.

If this problem presists please come back to the forum and inform us so we can look at this problem in more detail.

6) Are you just having general problems with install, printing, scanning or using your printer / all in one on a network (wired or wireless)?

You may have a problem that one of our Diagnostic tools can fix please see the Diagnostics Tread for detailed information about these tools.

HP Print and Scan Doctor 

7) Are you having a problem that we have not covered?

First try the forum search to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

If you have no luck start a new topic and wait to see if anyone else knows the answer.

JonW

I work for HP
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (30,512 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP All in One Printers

Great information.  :smileyhappy:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation