Windows 7 and HP LaserJet 4 Plus (57989 Views)
Top Student
CJ738
Message 31 of 32 (85 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP LaserJet 4 Plus

I also ran into the issue of having to shut down, then reboot before getting something to print, but have found that: 1. If I push the switch on the left side (don't know what it's called, but it's what you press and hold to get a test page) ONCE briefly before sending a print job, the printer will function. If you have sent, say, that third job after a while and it gets caught in the queue, this won't work. You need to clear out files in the queue....simply cancel each document in the print queue. Then hit the switch and send the mob....mine will print then, don't ask what's going on....I haven't a clue. I just found this worked by tinkering for hours and hours.
Honor Student
sidnief
Message 32 of 32 (75 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP LaserJet 4 Plus

CJ738,

The left most botton on the first row of buttons is the online switch. That's you press to put your printer online before you can print. The leftmost button on the second row is the shift button, you press that to access the second functions (purple color) available on the same row.

What I notice is when ever the print fails, the Form Feed light is left on. I am not sure if this is related to the problem. When I put the printer offline (by hitting the online switch) and hits the the Form Feed button , it prints a one-line garbled page and turn off the  FF button.

Note when the print is ok, the FF botton is on while printing and turns off after printing.

Tx... Sid

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation