Question

Tutor
bookie56
Message 1 of 6 (761 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 not Installing HP Deskjet 5655

[ Edited ]

Hi folks!

Have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits version and am in the middle of adding all programs/software before creating a back up image.

I have had my deskjet connected before and Windows found a driver straight away no problems....I am now getting driver can not be installed.....?!

I have tried removing, rebooting, adding again etc no dice. I have even removed added a Windows driver before connecting, but that goes pear shaped aswell....

What are my options? I am on the third floor so a launched deskjet 5655 could be arranged...LOL

bookie56

Intern
woodyirl
Message 2 of 6 (730 Views)

Re: Windows 7 not Installing HP Desj´jet 5655

A full feature software and driver package for Windows 7 is not available for your product. However, the drivers for your HP product are already included in the new Windows 7 operating system! You do not need to download drivers to use the product.

There is a workaround detailed on this web page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01874725&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3422866&sw_...

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Tutor
bookie56
Message 3 of 6 (718 Views)

HI

I have tried that work around already and it doesn't work...I have even tried taking the driver directly from windows catalog, but it will not install?!!

Something is getting in the way and it is making my day a nightmare!

Thanks anyway.

bookie56

Tutor
bookie56
Message 4 of 6 (712 Views)

Hi again!

Solved it....YES! I feel a bit stupid now but can accept that.

OK! I went to device manager and asked to update driver, but instead of letting windows update it I chose to install it myself and then chose the device type I wanted to update..

I could then update the list....I naturally thought that the list would be updated...When the list was updated my driver was there to choose and then it worked...

Thanks for your help!

booki56

Intern
woodyirl
Message 5 of 6 (709 Views)

Im glad your problem is solved and if I helped

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Intern
woodyirl
Message 6 of 6 (706 Views)

Hi again

PLease dont forget to mark this solved .. Kudos appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation