06-03-2012 11:39 AM
Can anybody advise when Windows 8 drivers for the HP C309g Printer will be available please? I've loaded the Beta test version of the new Windows platform and now have a printer I can't use.
06-03-2012 11:50 AM
According to what I have read, HP does not plan to release any Windows 8 drivers for any of their products until the operating system is officially released to market by Microsoft, which may be as early as late October according to the link below.
Did you try selecting your printer from the list of printers in W8 (via the add a printer wizard if it is amongst those HP printers in the list)?
06-03-2012 12:34 PM
Hi Paul - I was afraid that might be the answer. Microsoft ought to be working with people like HP more closely, or maybe it's the other way around! What's the point of Microsoft getting it's customers to try out a new OS when people like HP won't make drivers available until it's launched. It leaves us in limbo with a bit of useless junk stuffed away in the corner for months when they could be getting us to try out those drivers for them as well. Oh well, I know where the Off switch is - I'll have to use my Brother printer instead. At least the drivers for that printer work OK. A black mark for HP, and I've been a fan of HP printers for years.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper