Windows 8 drivers for HP C309g Printer (761 Views)
Honor Student
Alan_K_B
Message 1 of 3 (761 Views)

Windows 8 drivers for HP C309g Printer

Can anybody advise when Windows 8 drivers for the HP C309g Printer will be available please?  I've loaded the Beta test version of the new Windows platform and now have a printer I can't use.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (758 Views)

Re: Windows 8 drivers for HP C309g Printer

Hi:

According to what I have read, HP does not plan to release any Windows 8 drivers for any of their products until the operating system is officially released to market by Microsoft, which may be as early as late October according to the link below.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/31/3055384/windows-8-release-date-october-hint-rtm-two-months

Did you try selecting your printer from the list of printers in W8 (via the add a printer wizard if it is amongst those HP printers in the list)?

Paul

Honor Student
Alan_K_B
Message 3 of 3 (755 Views)

Re: Windows 8 drivers for HP C309g Printer

Hi Paul - I was afraid that might be the answer.  Microsoft ought to be working with people like HP more closely, or maybe it's the other way around!   What's the point of Microsoft getting it's customers to try out a new OS when people like HP won't make drivers available until it's launched.  It leaves us in limbo with a bit of useless junk stuffed away in the corner for months when they could be getting us to try out those drivers for them as well.  Oh well,  I know where the Off switch is - I'll have to use my Brother printer instead.  At least the drivers for that printer work OK.  A black mark for HP, and I've been a fan of HP printers for years.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation