Question

Top Student
lynnxc70
Message 1 of 3 (1,040 Views)

Won't show ink status levels

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Officejet 6310xi All-in-One that I've had for quite a while. I used to be able to bring up the ink level status but not anymore. I had a bluetooth connection and thought that was the problem. But I switched to a USB cable to be able to check and got the same thing. I did turn the printer off and reboot the computer and then powered the printer up with the USB cable but got the same message it can't show levels as it couldn't establish two way communication. I might as well plug the BT back in if I can't resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn
PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 3 (1,016 Views)

Re: Won't show ink status levels

Hi,

Has anything recently changed... like installing new software packages or updates?  You could print a self test page that provides the ink levels.  Here is a document from the product support page for the HP OJ 6310xi. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02030504&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1120043&tmp...

If you didn't want to print the self test page, then I would uninstall and reinstall the the printer to see if that helps.  or you might even run the print diagnostic tool.  This can sometimes automatically fix the problem.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02114788&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1120043&tmp...

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 3 (1,009 Views)

Re: Won't show ink status levels

What operating system?  What driver?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation