Workaround expired cartridge message (8279 Views)
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 11 of 15 (5,373 Views)

Re: Workaround expired cartridge message

Not sure if that can be done on this printer. You may need to remove the CMOS battery from the printer and put it back, but i have no idea where it is located. Sorry.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
mattsolley
Message 12 of 15 (4,674 Views)

I just called HP and this is the line they gave me.  Maybe I'll buy this explanation, but I have an HP C7280.  I have had it a couple of years and rarely use it.  I basically use it for fax and copy occasionally (stopped printing photos cause not enough time).  I have plenty of black ink left but it's expired.  The problem is that the supervisor I just spoke with told me that I could replace the black, but will run into the same problem with the 5 color cartridges as well.  Well I don't use the color cartridges.  Bummer.  So I basically have to spend 70 dollars (10/color cartridge, 20 for black) just to keep using it intermittently as a fax and copy machine when I only need the black cartridge.  And I get to buy these every 18 months or so.  I will never buy anything from HP again and I am disgusted by this.  If this were somewhere obvious on the packaging I would never have bought it.  I'd spend the hours getting into the machine to find the battery (to try and reset the machine and fool the cartridge) but that is just a waste of my time.  If anyone from HP that cares and would like to send me a refund wants to contact me at msolley1@gmail.com that would be great.  Until then, I will tell everyone I know to never buy anything from HP again.  What a racket.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 13 of 15 (4,665 Views)

mattsolley wrote:

I just called HP and this is the line they gave me.  Maybe I'll buy this explanation, but I have an HP C7280.  [snip]

The page here discusses ink expiration.  It says the C7200 (series?) has ink expiration but that it can be overridden. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
wilm105
Message 14 of 15 (3,893 Views)

H=First off Hello, to all.

Being a long time Customer of more than 15 years, I am very disappointed with HPs attitude regarding cartridge date codes.  Having 5 hp printers in use I have cut my cost dramatically by using aftermarket cartridges.  All my printers are out of warranty so why would HP bother besides using this as a deterrent to thwart their cartridges being refilled.  HP has never been forthright with their customer base as to how much ink is actually in the cartridges they sell.  The photo pack kits have a diminished ink capacity not listed on the packaging.  New Cartridges do not mention the capacity of ink in them, why?  I have two C6180's that I am enduring these bogus expired ink cartridge messages.  I personnaly doubt that I would patronize HP again, any HP/Compaq product...again, too many good alterrnates exist that still offer good Customer service..

Honor Student
Msnuff234
Message 15 of 15 (3,765 Views)

I have a HP 7600

Can you tell me how to find my printer intenal clock and how to reset it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation